the cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, June 20, 2012


When I was young
As young as you
I did not know
What I could do
I did not know
What I would see
I did not know
What I could be
I did not know
What made me me
The views were new
The dreams were tall
The climbs were fun
The fear small
The wishes big
The laughter heaped
The wonder wide
The magic deep
No time to look
Before the leap
And now I’m old
As old as me
I know the dreams
I didn’t see
I know the same
Recurring view
I know each day
What I would do
If I could know
The things you knew
Imagine all the things we’d be
If I were you and you were me
Imagine all the things we’d do
If I were me and you were you

 
Author Mark C Bird

http://www.ps4k.com/kids-poems/children-inspirational-poems-believe/if-i-were-me.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I am Mark C Bird, the author of the above poem. Please would you link to my "If I Was Me" page on my website - http://www.ps4k.com/kids-poems/children-inspirational-poems-believe/if-i-were-me.html

    Many thanks,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long, posted your link below. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Followers